MEPCO is one of the power DISCOs (Distribution Companies) which operates under the WAPDA. As the name indicates, MEPCO is an acronym for Multan Electric Power Company Limited.
It’s a common misunderstanding the MEPCO is only for Multan Region but it supplies electricity to the 13 administrative districts of South Punjab.
The area of MEPCO operations is from Sahiwal to Sadiqabad, Bahawalnager to Bahawalpur, and Tounsa Sharif to Rajanpur, touching the border of Sindh, Balochistan and NWFP. License No. of MEPCO, issued by NEPRA is “06/DL/2002”.
After a brief introduction to MEPCO, let’s come to the point of What is MEPCO Bill and how we can check it online? What are the Pros and Cons of it and how we can avoid waiting for a hard copy of the bill.
Now I’m going to stop you right there!
MEPCO Bill – Check MEPCO Bill Online
WAPDA has introduced the E-Bill System/portals for all DISCOs to avoid inconvenience for their consumers so they don’t have to wait for the hard copy of the bill. The more you get your bill on time, the less the chances of the penalty of late payment.
You can also check IESCO Bill here.
How to Check MEPCO Bill Online?
After you click on the above button you need to enter the reference number in the search box. Please be careful with the below things while entering the Reference number.
- Visit lescobillonline.net
- Your reference number should be 14 digits long.
- There shouldn’t be any spaces between the reference number’s digits.
- Click on the submit button and you will see the latest amount of your bill.
- Click “Print Bill” to download your bill.
- Click the search button and your bill will appear before you.
After you put in the reference number and click on Submit Button you will see your MEPCO e-bill in the next window. You can also print your bill through the “Print Bill” button placed at the top.
We also want to let you know that if you want to visit the official website then visit mepco com pk or https mepco com pk.
How to Find Reference Number on MEPCO Bill?
We are here to help you to find out reference number on your MEPCO Online Bill. In the below image, we have red-circled the MEPCO reference number which is given on the top-left side of the bill.
To make all reference numbers in the same order, MEPCO has made some changes in the old reference numbers, and now all revised reference numbers are 14 digits. If your reference number has been revised then you can also see the old reference number to keep the record as indicated in the above image as well.
We want to let you know that meter no. and consumer no. for each customer are also given on the online copy.
History of Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO)
MEPCO was established on 14 May 1988 and incorporated as a public limited company. It is regularized and operates under the Ministry of Energy and Power Division.
Before MEPCO, it was the Multan Area Electricity Board that was no longer operating in the said area so MEPCO came into existence to acquire all the assets, liabilities, rights, and obligations of the Multan Area Electricity Board.
MEPCO was also supposed to take over all of the grid stations and power transmission lines of the Multan Electricity board which was supplying power to the whole Multan area.
It covers most of the area of south Punjab comprising of No. of constituencies: N.A = 50 and P.P = 104. Most of the MEPCO territory consists of a rural population so around 80% of customers are governed by domestic consumers.
How To Pay MEPCO Bill Online
After the increasing trend of Go Green, everyone wants to be paperless these days. Technology is prevailing fast and now overtaking the world fast so we can do any transaction within no time.
Any bank transaction, paying rent or utility bills is not a bid deal. It could be done without any hassle through mobile apps and online portals.
Banks are top of the list where we can use their Internet banking portal. We can also use JazzCash, EasyPaisa, UPay, UBL Omni and other mobile applications to Pay MEPCO Bill. All you have to do is, download the application from the iPhone App Store or Android Google Play Store.
Then sign-up on these apps, select your utility bill from the dropdown, enter the reference number, click the “Pay” button and you are done!
Below are some screenshots for your help from the most commonly used 2 applications.
Consumer Issues and Resolutions by MEPCO
Here are some common issues that a consumer faces sometimes so they want to find a solution for this. So, to resolve these issues we have listed down some of the resolutions.
- In summer, due to the raised usage of heavy appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners and chillers, etc we may receive a huge electricity bill. If you want to pay your bill in installments then you have the option to do it. You can go to the nearest MEPCO Office to make installments for your bill. Please note that usually, DISCOs don’t make more than 3 installments.
- If you want to check whether your MEPCO Bill Status is paid or not then you can also check on the website. If your Paid amount column has the same charged amount then it indicates that your paid amount has been reached into the MEPCO Online payment system.
- We have noticed that sometimes consumers also search for how to check MEPCO bill without a reference number so please be informed that MEPCO does not give the option to check the bill without a reference number.
- If you want to check meter no. then you can also see this on top of the duplicate MEPCO bill in the box.
- Sometimes people are curious about MEPCO bill reading date like when the meter reader takes readings. You can see it on the top-middle part of your bill.
Check MEPCO Bill Through Email Or SMS Alert
Does it sound interesting if you get a text message on your phone that the bill amount for this month needs to be paid? Or did this question ever click into your mind, can I get the MEPCO Bill through SMS or Email?
Why it is beneficial for you? MEPCO has introduced this feature for the ease of their consumers so they receive the utility bill on time and don’t face the late payment surcharge.
MEPCO has two different portals for SMS and email registration for bills. Let’s discuss them one by one.
- Registration for receiving Consumer Bill details through SMS: All you have to do is, enter your reference number along with your Mobile Number.
Tip: Don’t give your portable mobile number to ensure that you receive the SMS.
- Registration for receiving Consumer Electricity Bill Through Email: Some people don’t want to receive SMS for utility bills so they go for the next option. The next option is, to enter the reference number with your email and press submit button. That’s it!
Electricity Conservation | The Top 10 Efficient of Saving Energy
Why conservation of electricity is important? What are some efficient ways to do it?
Why we should do it? Let’s discuss some facts here.
- You can install a programmable thermostat in your home to save some heating and cooling effects.
- You can use large windows to make good use of natural light instead of using bulbs.
- Use halogen bulbs, fluorescent lamps, energy stars bulbs or mercury vapor lamps instead of conventional yellow bulbs.
- Using electronic power strips instead of traditional circuits etc.
- Shutdown the lights, refrigerators, water dispensers, chillers, lights or any other electronic equipment which are not in use
Protection Measures from Electricity for Public Safety
Public safety is crucial when electricity transmission lines are installed.
MEPCO advises the public to take all precautionary measures to avoid any fatal accident during rains or thunderstorms. We have listed down some measures for public awareness.
- Kite flying is increasing day by day even after strict restrictions on it. Although district administration and police are trying to cope with this situation, we are observing the accidents every month.
Deadly kite strings can cause a huge loss of life when it get in touch with wet electricity wires.
- When people find a pole with an electric cord leaking from it or any power wire on the ground, he advises that the nearest electricity complaint center be contacted, and the public, particularly children should be kept away until the electricity department reaches the site to repair the problem.
- Use only proper plugs and switches which are good conductors to reduce electricity wastage.
- If a live wire falls into the stagnant or running water, keep everyone away to avoid burns, fires or explosions, and wait for the MEPCO staff to get there.
- Women should be aware not to spread wet clothing on iron or other metallic wire as these are good conductors of electricity during the wet season. Instead, a cotton cord should be used for this purpose.
- Make sure to have good insultations for all wires.
- Avoid building homes near high-tension cables to avoid any fatal accident.
- Don’t touch any fan dimmer, socket, button, metallic part of the washing machine, electric fan or wire with wet hands.
- Use stabilizers or automatic voltage regulators for refrigerators, AC and high-voltage appliances for a delayed start.
- Any naked wiring crack or joint should be properly soldered or repaired immediately.
- If you see a person entrapped with a naked electric wire don’t try to touch that person with bare hands. Try to use a bamboo stick or wooden thing or any non-conductor stick etc to get that person free from electric current.
- In general, a 3-pin shoe should be used for all electronic equipment with the third pin connected to the earth, including electric irons, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. If you intend to use an electrical device for clothing pressing and machine washing, you should be barefoot when doing so.
- In villages, people tie their animals with electric poles. Do not do this to avoid any fatal accident.
MEPCO Peak Hours
Peak hours is that time when electricity cost goes up than its usual price. It is necessary to control electricity usage during peak hours. Let’s discuss what the peak hours are. Usually, peak hours are from 7 PM to 11 PM so you’ve to keep an eye on the usage of home appliances.
MEPCO has officially announced the peak hours month-wise and for a specific time of the day. Below are some details which might be helpful for you.
|From April to October
|6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
|From November to March
|6 PM to 10 PM
You need to reduce electricity usage by turning off any extra lights. Don’t use the Air conditioner or if you want to use it then set your thermostat to 26 Celsius or more than that.
Inverter devices are proven to show some clear decline in your electricity bill. If you are going to purchase an appliance whose usage is going on throughout the day then buy inverter appliances like inverter refrigerators and inverter air conditioners etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is MEPCO Bill?
A1: MEPCO Bill refers to the electricity bill issued by Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO) for the consumption of electricity in a specific billing period.
Q2: How can I check my MEPCO Bill online?
A2: You can check your MEPCO Bill online by visiting lescobillonline.net, entering your consumer number, and viewing your bill details.
Q3: What payment options are available for MEPCO Bill?
A3: You can pay your MEPCO Bill through various methods, including online banking, mobile banking apps, MEPCO offices, designated banks, and authorized payment gateways.
Q4: What should I do if I receive an incorrect MEPCO Bill?
A4: If you believe your MEPCO Bill is incorrect, you should contact the nearest MEPCO’s customer service immediately to report the issue and request a correction.
Q5: Can I pay my MEPCO Bill in installments?
A5: MEPCO may offer installment plans for outstanding bills in certain cases. Contact their customer service for details and eligibility.
Q6: What happens if I don’t pay my MEPCO Bill on time?
A6: Failure to pay your MEPCO Bill on time may result in late payment penalties, disconnection of electricity services, and legal action according to the policies.
Q7: Can I get a duplicate copy of my MEPCO Bill?
A7: Yes, you can obtain a duplicate copy of your MEPCO Bill from our website, customer service centers, or by contacting their helpline.
Q8: How can I update my contact information for MEPCO Bill notifications?
A8: You can update your contact information by visiting the nearest MEPCO office or contacting their customer service with the updated details.
Q9: Is there a way to receive MEPCO Bills electronically?
A9: Yes, you can opt for e-billing and receive your MEPCO Bills through email by providing your email address to MEPCO’s customer service.
Q10: What should I do if I’m facing difficulties in paying my MEPCO Bill?
A10: If you’re facing financial difficulties, contact our customer service to discuss possible payment arrangements or assistance programs that may be available.