In the current era of technological advancements where everything is one click away. The purpose behind this piece of writing is to assist the people who want to check their LESCO Bill Online. Many people complain that they don’t get their bills on time or even receive bills after the due date. Also, several complaints are received which show the difficulties in the application process of a new electricity connection.
So, if you are unable to get your monthly electricity bill due to any reason, what are you going to do then?
DONT BE UPSET!
You can click on this button and get your duplicate bill right away.
- Check Your LESCO BILL Here
- Frequently Asked Questions
Check Your LESCO BILL Here
What is LESCO?
LESCO is an acronym for Lahore Electric Supply Company. The areas that come under the operational capacity of LESCO are Lahore, Kasur, Okara, and Sheikhupura.
Organizational Structure of LESCO:
As we know, LESCO is operating in the major cities of Pakistan comprising more than a hundred Sub-Divisions. Let’s have a look at LESCO’s Operation Circles:
|Area Circle||Number Of Divisions|
|North Lahore Circle||5 Divisions / 28 Sub Divisions|
|Central Lahore Circle||5 Divisions / 31 Sub Divisions|
|Eastern Lahore Circle||4 Divisions / 23 Sub Divisions|
|Okara Circle||4 Divisions / 23 Sub Divisions|
|South-Eastern LHR Circle||4 Divisions /26 Sub Divisions|
|Sheikhupura Circle||4 Divisions / 18 Sub Divisions|
|Sheikhupura Circle||4 Divisions / 18 Sub Divisions|
|Kasur Circle||5 Divisions / 30 Sub Divisions|
|Nankana Circle||4 Divisions / 16 Sub Divisions|
|Project Construction Circle||6 Divisions|
|G.S.O. Circle||3 Divisions|
How to Check Your Electricity Bill?
To check your LESCO Bill, you need to know how to find a Reference Number or Customer ID. Look closely at your utility bill, you will find two boxes on the top-left corner, one box contains the Reference Number and the other is having your Customer ID, as shown in the picture below. Either you can use Reference Number or Customer ID to check your online bill.
Check with Reference ID:
You can find a 12-digit Number, including a prefix on your LESCO utility bill as we have already discussed above. You need to insert this number appropriately in the form and press “View Bill” or “Download Bill”, and a copy of your bill will appear. It can be viewed or downloaded in your Phone or Laptop.
Check with Customer ID:
For the ease of customers, LESCO has another option to check duplicate bills. You can simply insert your customer ID number in the fields below. It will provide you with the duplicate copy of your bill.
Isn’t it EASY?
How to make LESCO Bill Payment?
For a hassle-free process of your bill Payment, there is a mechanism that can help you pay the bill by avoiding the long queues outside the banks.
Almost all commercial and microfinance banks are offering online bill payment through their online portals and apps. You can sign-up there and pay your utility bills without any extra cost.
All branches of all Government and commercial banks are authorized to collect the payment of electricity bills. However, now we have a couple of more options to pay our bill online.
- Govt. Banks
- Commercial Banks
- All Post offices of Pakistan
- Easy paisa App
- Jazz Cash App
- Omni Sahulat Shops
- Nadra E-Sahulat
- Banking Online portals / Apps
Apply for a new LESCO Connection
Apart from conventional paperwork, LESCO has introduced an online procedure to apply for a new electricity connection, which is quite easy. Instead of frequent visits to LESCO centres, you can do it at your home.
Here is the step-by-step guide to applying for a new electricity connection:
Step 1. Visit Electricity New Connection (ENC) System, fill up all fields, and print out the form.
Step 2. Here are details and a few tips while filling up the online form:
- You need to select connection type: Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Agriculture, Tubewell, Temporary, General Services, Residential Colonies, Street Light
- Insert National Tax Number (NTN)
- Insert Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN)
- Choose your electricity supplier, for example; you have to select LESCO for a new electricity connection in Lahore
- Select appropriate/related sub-division
- Select Application Status, i.e. You’re Owner or Tenant
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s name
- CNIC number
- Your Current address
- Mobile number (Enter at least 2 phone numbers)
- Email (This is optional)
- No. of meters already installed for your home
- Minimum load (In KWh).
- Premises/Neighbour Address
- Neighbour bill’s reference number
- Neighbour Full name and Full address
- Open drop-down from meter installation company and select “Shahid & Co or Sajjad Brothers.”
Step 3: Now upload below listed scanned documents and take a printout of the application form. The maximum size allowed for a scanned document is 300kb, and the format is JPG/PDF.
- Property document copy: You need to attach your house’ Registry, Farred, Baynama, or Allotment Letter. Before uploading the document, please get all documents attested by Oath Commissioner, Notary Public, or Class one Gazetted Officer.
- Undertaking by the Applicant: In this case, you need to make an undertaking on a stamp paper that you don’t own any debts, and no electricity meter is already installed. LESCO has the right to freeze the installation process if it finds anything illegal.
- If you are a tenant, then a NOC is required from your landlord.
- Attested CNIC copy of the applicant
- Attested CNIC copy of two witnesses
- Neighbour’s electricity bill copy
Step 4: Now, attach all documents as mentioned above to the application form and send it to your LESCO area officer.
Step 5: LESCO Office will issue a demand notice after investigating your case, and you’ve to pay that demand notice to the designated bank.
Step 6: Submit a copy of the paid demand notice to the LESCO office. Once it’s verified, they will install a new meter at your place.
Procedure to Lodge A Complaint
If you have an objection/complaint about the following issues:
- Billing Complaint
- Obtaining Hard Copy of your Bill
- Bill Installments
- Meter Problem
- Load Shedding
You can contact your area’s LESCO office or SDO/XEN on their cell phone numbers directly.
In case of power failure, electricity theft, or any major accident, please immediately call 0800-00118 from your PTCL number to reach the LESCO Complaint Cell.
LESCO Mobile Application
Ministry of Energy has taken a step to launch an application named “Roshan Pakistan”. This app is available on iOS and Google Play official stores.
Here are the links of official apps:
Safety Guide for Domestic Users
LESCO supplies an electric current of 220V to domestic users and also advises them to be safe while using electronic appliances especially when users are installing new devices like fan or motor etc.
- Never use bare wires and conductors for extensions.
- Always use proper plugs and switches.
- NEVER use electricity cables for hanging wet clothes.
- Always use automatic voltage regulators with a delayed start for deep freezers, refrigerators, and televisions, etc.
- We should always use proper capacitors MCBs (Miniature Circuit Breakers) with air-conditioners.
- Do not try to touch metallic parts of the washing machine, electric motors, and pedestal fans without removing their plugs.
- Never touch electric pools while raining.
- Use proper size fuses at each stage.
Tips to Reduce your LESCO Bill Cost
Electricity usage and saving has become a hot topic in Pakistan, especially during the summer season. LESCO and other appliances companies are constantly reminding people to run Air Conditioners at a temperature of 26 degrees for optimum output and affordable consumption of electricity.
Standby power and other wasted electricity resources are also a significant factor behind increased LESO Bill.
- Always switch off unnecessary lights, kitchen appliances, and other electronics when not in use.
- Always prefer fluorescent lamps and mercury vapor lamps in place of conventional electric lamps.
- Make sure to use proper size capacitors for fans, motors, i.e. inductive loading.
- Before the summer season, make sure you are done with your AC maintenance.
- Avoid using high voltage appliances during peak hours.
- Use double-panel glass windows and high-quality curtains that can avoid sunlight heating up your rooms.
- You can use rigid foam panels into your ceiling for insulations. Walls and ceiling insulations can keep your home cool during daylight.
- If you are going to buy an air conditioner, always buy Inverter AC. Inverters use comparatively less electricity after a few minutes. Resultantly, you will see a reduction in your monthly bill.
- If you are not satisfied with your electricity bill and you feel that it is not according to your consumption. Then you can estimate your bill here. Bill Calculator
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is LESCO Bill?
LESCO bill is a utility bill of electricity of the consumers who are residing in Lahore and its suburbs including Sheikhupura, Okara and Kasur. LESCO is an acronym for Lahore Electric Supply Company which is responsible for distribution of electricity in the above-mentioned areas.
2. How can I check my LESCO bill?
You can easily check it online by inserting your Reference Number and Customer ID in the web portal provided by LESCO. You can check your bill online either by inserting a Reference Number or Customer ID on the website. You can find both Reference Number and Customer ID on the top left corner of your LESCO utility bill.
3. How can I pay my bill online?
You can save your time by paying the electricity bill online and avoid the queues outside the banks. Online bill payment can be done from any commercial bank’s mobile application or website easily. You can sign in to your bank account and pay your bill online.
4. What is LESCO Demand Notice?
You can get the LESCO Demand Notice after submitting all the documents related to the application of a new electricity connection. You are supposed to pay the demand notice in the bank. After submitting the demand notice to the LESCO office, it is verified by them. After it gets verified, a new meter will be installed at your place.
5. Where to get NOC or Affidavit for a new electricity connection?
An undertaking on a stamp paper is required in which it is mentioned that you have not taken any debts. Also, there is no meter of electricity already installed at your place. If the LESCO office finds anything illegal in the process, it has the right to halt the process anytime.
If you have occupied a property on a rental basis, there is a NOC required by the owner of that property. Other documents required with the NOC are:
- A copy of CNIC which is attested by a gazetted officer
- Copies of CNIC of two witnesses by a gazetted officer
- A copy of the neighbor’s electricity bill
6. Where to register a complaint if your new electricity connection is being delayed?
By contacting the LESCO office in your area or by calling on the numbers of SDO/XEN mentioned in the LESCO bill, you can register a complaint about the new electricity connection. Moreover, you can call 0800-00118 from your landline number in case of power failure, theft of electricity or any accident to contact the LESCO Complaint Cell.