Unemployment is becoming quite a common issue in Pakistan and increasing day by day, in fact throughout the country. As always, private jobs are not secure, and everyone wants a reliable and permanent contract with the organization.
Government jobs are more secure and fascinating as compared to a private organization.
WAPDA (Water and Power Development Authority) is a stable government body that provides job opportunities to competent candidates and provides jobs through advertisements in the newspapers and e-newspapers. For WAPDA online jobs, you can apply online through different websites.
Jobs in LESCO is a priority for job seekers. Under WAPDA, LESCO advertises multiple jobs when there is an upcoming project and vacancies are open.
- Jobs In LESCO
- Frequently Asked Questions
Jobs In LESCO
There are multiple testing services and LESCO has contracts with them. Also, LESCO advertises jobs through its departmental advertisement. Here we will explain all the possible ways where LESCO advertises the jobs and what is the procedure to apply.
Visit Testing Services Websites
NTS and PTS are becoming one of the best testing services and giving their services to WAPDA for a long time. If LESCO doesn’t advertise their jobs through their website then you have to check for NTS or PTS jobs advertisements or new projects section to check updated jobs.
Here is an example advertisement that was advertised through NTS.
Visit LESCO Official Website
For the latest LESCO job opportunities, you need to keep visiting their official website frequently. If the department takes the responsibility to conduct the screening tests itself, then you will see the ad uploaded on their website. Otherwise, LESCO website itself has a career section on the homepage to apply for any job or vacancy at LESCO.
Read Newspapers or Visit E-Newspapers
LESCO also conducts recruitment, selection, and employment of its people and publishes jobs in newspapers and e-newspapers for better and suitable candidates. LESCO’s new jobs are posted from time to time. LESCO talent acquisition department gives weightage and select candidates accordingly.
- Academic qualification 40%
- Written Test 40%
- Interview 20%
How to Apply for LESCO Jobs
Those who want to apply, can visit the LESCO website and apply online for the posted job through the given link or fill the application form for any available vacancy, for the jobs not posted since not vacant now or any further available vacancy suitable to the applicant’s education, experience, and skills.
The applicant needs to download the applicant user manual for guidance on how to apply online along with a printable version of the application form.
For applying online, you need to read the instructions carefully on the application form which asks to give:
- Complete personal details.
- Qualification from start Middle/Matric goes onwards to Graduation and Masters etc.
- Employment history in sequence like the first job, then second till last/current job along with the years of experience gained with each job.
- Resume in this format (Applicant Name-Date of Birth)
- Resume in .pdf, .doc or.docx format.
All the above details need to be submitted, otherwise, the application for any post or vacancy will not be considered or processed further.
Browser Setting For LESCO Job Portal
Browser setting before Applicant Online Entry.
Navigation>Browser Setting>Options>Privacy> Uncheck this option
Steps to follow for New and Registered applicants when applying online for LESCO jobs 2020:
- For the new applicant>> Click Online job
>> Click to register, enter the name or email address, password and confirm password (minimum 6 characters)
- For a registered applicant:
>> Enter existing name and password
3. After login, fill in the required mandatory details.
4. After entering all the data, click on the job and search the vacancies in the recruitment section:
>> Select the last six weeks from the date posted field
>> Click the Go button
Select the vacancy from the list by clicking on the vacancy name that will show details of the vacancy.
To apply for any vacancy, click on the apply button with the given and available job.
- Review your account and enter the missing mandatory data.
- Click continue.
- Enter source detail (how you got information about the job).
- Click the Finish button.
- You will get a confirmation message on the successful completion of the job application form.
- The applicant needs to keep track of the applied job through the tracking number which he gets on completion of the form. This will also help him for further reference.
You can download all types of application forms through the below links.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is NTS and PTS Testing Services?
NTS (National Testing Services) and PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) conduct recruitment tests and interviews on the behalf of LESCO and many other government organizations and public sectors, the selection process for public and private sector institutions based on merit to ensure fairness and transparency through quality-based assessment.
2. How much time does it take?
It’s up to LESCO. They can terminate or reject anytime. Take reference from the applicant manual or check the advertisement’s terms and conditions.
3. Is Employee quota available in LESCO?
Yes, there is an employee quota at LESCO and only a fixed number of minimum and a maximum number of children of a retired LESCO/WAPDA employee can undertake a job. The hiring process would be the same for these candidates and they have to pass through the whole recruitment process.