In the current era of technological advancements where everything is one click away. The purpose behind this piece of writing is to assist people who want to check their LESCO Bill Online. Many people complain that they don’t get their bills on time or even receive bills after the due date.
Also, several complaints are received which show the difficulties in the application process for a new electricity connection.
So, if you are unable to get your monthly electricity bill due to any reason, what are you going to do then?
DON’T BE UPSET!
You can click on this button and get your duplicate bill right away.
Check Your LESCO BILL 2023
Click on MEPCO BILL and you can get your MEPCO duplicate bill also!
|Issue Date||29 March|
|Due Date||12 April|
|Reading Date||24 March|
What is LESCO?
LESCO is an acronym for Lahore Electric Supply Company. The areas that come under the operational capacity of LESCO are Lahore, Kasur, Okara, and Sheikhupura.
Organizational Structure of LESCO
As we know, LESCO is operating in the major cities of Pakistan comprising more than a hundred Sub-Divisions. Let’s have a look at LESCO’s Operation Circles:
|Area Circle||Number Of Divisions|
|North Lahore Circle||5 Divisions / 28 Sub Divisions|
|Central Lahore Circle||5 Divisions / 31 Sub Divisions|
|Eastern Lahore Circle||4 Divisions / 23 Sub Divisions|
|Okara Circle||4 Divisions / 23 Sub Divisions|
|South-Eastern LHR Circle||4 Divisions /26 Sub Divisions|
|Sheikhupura Circle||4 Divisions / 18 Sub Divisions|
|Sheikhupura Circle||4 Divisions / 18 Sub Divisions|
|Kasur Circle||5 Divisions / 30 Sub Divisions|
|Nankana Circle||4 Divisions / 16 Sub Divisions|
|Project Construction Circle||6 Divisions|
|G.S.O. Circle||3 Divisions|
Steps to Download your LESCO Bill Online 2023
To check LESCO bill online check Lahore, you need to know how to find a Reference Number or Customer ID. Look closely at your utility bill, you will find two boxes in the top-left corner and above of LESCO Electricity Tariff or Meter Reading Box.
One box contains the Reference Number and the other is having your Customer ID, as shown in the picture below. Either you can use a Reference Number or Customer ID to check your online bill.
LESCO Duplicate Bill with Reference ID:
You can find a 12-digit Number, including a prefix on your LESCO utility bill as we have already discussed above. You need to insert this number appropriately in the form and press “View Bill” or “Download Bill”, and a copy of your bill will appear.
It can be viewed or downloaded on your Phone or Laptop.
LESCO Online Bill Check by Customer ID:
For the ease of customers, www lesco gov pk has another option to check duplicate bills. You can simply insert your customer ID number in the fields below. It will provide you with a duplicate copy of your bill.
LESCO Bill Check by Meter Number:
You will also see the meter no section on top of your electricity bill but WAPDA/LESCO hasn’t provided an option to check your monthly bill through your meter number so you only have 2 options i.e. Reference number and Customer ID.
Isn’t it EASY?
How to Make LESCO Bill Payment?
For a hassle-free process of your bill Payment, there is a mechanism that can help you pay the bill by avoiding the long queues outside the banks.
Almost all commercial and microfinance banks are offering online bill payment through their online portals and apps. You can sign-up there and pay your utility bills without any extra cost.
All branches of all Government and commercial banks are authorized to collect the payment of electricity bills. However, now we have a couple more options to pay our bills online.
- All Govt. Banks
- All Commercial Banks
- All Post offices in Pakistan
- Easy paisa App
- Jazz Cash App
- NayaPay App
- Omni Sahulat Shops
- Nadra E-Sahulat
- Banking Online Portals/Apps
Do you know that LESCO has MIS that can be accessed online through the portal? You need to check this link for MIS Portal.
Apply for a New LESCO Connection Online
Apart from conventional paperwork, LESCO has introduced an online procedure to apply for a new electricity connection, which is quite easy. Instead of frequent visits to LESCO centers, you can do it at your home.
Here is the step-by-step guide to applying for a new electricity connection:
Step 1. Visit Electricity New Connection (ENC) System, fill up all fields, and print out the form.
Step 2. Here are details and a few tips while filling up the online form:
- You need to select connection type: Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Agriculture, Tubewell, Temporary, General Services, Residential Colonies, Street Light
- Insert National Tax Number (NTN)
- Insert Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN)
- Choose your electricity supplier, for example; you have to select LESCO for a new electricity connection in Lahore
- Select appropriate/related sub-division
- Select Application Status, i.e. You’re Owner or Tenant
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s name
- CNIC number
- Your Current address
- Mobile number (Enter at least 2 phone numbers)
- Email (This is optional)
- No. of meters already installed for your home
- Minimum load (In KWh).
- Premises/Neighbour Address
- Neighbour bill’s reference number
- Neighbour’s Full name and Full address
- Open the drop-down from the meter installation company and select “Shahid & Co or Sajjad Brothers.”
Step 3: Now upload the below listed scanned documents and take a printout of the application form. The maximum size allowed for a scanned document is 300kb, and the format is JPG/PDF.
- Property document copy: You need to attach your house’ Registry, Farred, Baynama, or Allotment Letter. Before uploading the document, please get all documents attested by Oath Commissioner, Notary Public, or Class one Gazetted Officer.
- Undertaking by the Applicant: In this case, you need to make an undertaking on stamp paper that you don’t own any debts, and that no electricity meter is already installed. LESCO has the right to freeze the installation process if it finds anything illegal.
- If you are a tenant, then a NOC is required from your landlord.
- Attested CNIC copy of the applicant
- Attested CNIC copy of two witnesses
- Neighbour’s electricity bill copy
Step 4: Now, attach all documents as mentioned above to the application form and send it to your LESCO area officer.
Step 5: LESCO Office will issue a demand notice after investigating your case, and you’ve to pay that demand notice to the designated bank.
Step 6: Submit a copy of the paid demand notice to the LESCO office. Once it’s verified, they will install a new meter at your place.
Procedure to Lodge A Complaint
If you have an objection/complaint about the following issues:
- Billing Complaint
- Obtaining a Hard Copy of your Bill
- Bill Installments
- Meter Problem
- Load Shedding
You can contact your area’s LESCO office or SDO/XEN on their cell phone numbers directly.
In case of power failure, electricity theft, or any major accident, please immediately call 0800-00118 from your PTCL number to reach the LESCO Complaint Cell or visit www lesco gov pk.
LESCO Energy Losses Latest Details
LESCO announces energy losses each month for its customers so they have good knowledge about how much MKWH was received and sold. Here are monthly and progressive details.
LESCO Official Mobile Applications
Ministry of Energy has taken a step to launch an official application named “LESCO Light”. This app is available on iOS and Google Play official stores. Open App Store on iPhone or Google Play Store on Android phones to install the below applications.
Here are the links to the official apps:
Google Play: LESCO Light App
iOS Store: LESCO Light App
Safety Guide for Domestic Users
LESCO supplies an electric current of 220V to domestic users and also advises them to be safe while using electronic appliances especially when users are installing new devices like fans or motors etc.
User Education Guide for Usage
- Never use bare wires and conductors for extensions.
- Always use proper plugs and switches.
- NEVER use electricity cables for hanging wet clothes.
- Always use automatic voltage regulators with a delayed start for deep freezers, refrigerators, and televisions, etc.
- We should always use proper capacitors MCBs (Miniature Circuit Breakers) with air-conditioners.
- Do not try to touch metallic parts of the washing machine, electric motors, and pedestal fans without removing their plugs.
- Never touch electric pools while raining.
- Use proper size fuses at each stage.
Tips to Reduce your LESCO Bill Cost
Electricity usage and saving have become a hot topic in Pakistan, especially during the summer season. LESCO and other appliance companies are constantly reminding people to run Air Conditioners at a temperature of 26 degrees for optimum output and affordable consumption of electricity.
Standby power and other wasted electricity resources are also significant factors behind the increased LESO Bill.
- Always switch off unnecessary lights, kitchen appliances, and other electronics when not in use.
- Always prefer fluorescent lamps and mercury vapor lamps in place of conventional electric lamps.
- Make sure to use proper-size capacitors for fans, and motors, i.e. inductive loading.
- Before the summer season, make sure you are done with your AC maintenance.
- Avoid using high-voltage appliances during peak hours.
- Use double-panel glass windows and high-quality curtains that can avoid sunlight heating up your rooms.
- You can use rigid foam panels in your ceiling for insulation. Walls and ceiling insulations can keep your home cool during daylight.
- If you are going to buy an air conditioner, always buy Inverter AC. Inverters use comparatively less electricity after a few minutes. Resultantly, you will see a reduction in your monthly bill.
- If you are not satisfied with your electricity bill and you feel that it is not according to your consumption. Then you can estimate your bill here. LESCO Bill Calculator
LESCO Organogram/Organizational Structure at LESCO
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is LESCO Bill?
LESCO bill is a utility bill of electricity of the consumers who are residing in Lahore and its suburbs including Sheikhupura, Okara and Kasur. LESCO is an acronym for Lahore Electric Supply Company which is responsible for distribution of electricity in the above-mentioned areas.
2. How can I Check my LESCO Bill?
You can easily check it online by inserting your Reference Number and Customer ID in the web portal provided by LESCO. You can check your bill online either by inserting a Reference Number or Customer ID on the website. You can find both the Reference Number and Customer ID on the top left corner of your LESCO utility bill.
3. How Can I Pay my Bill Online?
You can save your time by paying the electricity bill online and avoid the queues outside the banks. Online bill payment can be done from any commercial bank’s mobile application or website easily. You can sign in to your bank account and pay your bill online.
4. What is LESCO Demand Notice?
You can get the LESCO Demand Notice after submitting all the documents related to the application of a new electricity connection. You are supposed to pay the demand notice in the bank.
After submitting the demand notice to the LESCO office, it is verified by them. After it gets verified, a new meter will be installed at your place.
5. Where to Get NOC or Affidavit for a New Electricity Connection?
An undertaking on a stamp paper is required in which it is mentioned that you have not taken any debts. Also, there is no meter of electricity already installed at your place. If the LESCO office finds anything illegal in the process, it has the right to halt the process at any time.
If you have occupied a property on a rental basis, there is a NOC required by the owner of that property. Other documents required with the NOC are:
- A copy of CNIC which is attested by a gazetted officer
- Copies of CNIC of two witnesses by a gazetted officer
- A copy of the neighbor’s electricity bill
6. Where to Register a Complaint if Your New Electricity Connection is Being Delayed?
By contacting the LESCO office in your area or by calling on the numbers of SDO/XEN mentioned in the LESCO bill, you can register a complaint about the new electricity connection.
Moreover, you can call 0800-00118 from your landline number in case of power failure, theft of electricity or any accident to contact the LESCO Complaint Cell.